How to Participate
The New Home Construction Program ENERGY STAR® Standard option offers up to $2,000 in rebates for natural gas and electric homes and up to $1,400 in rebates for natural gas-only homes. Participating in the Consumers Energy New Home Construction Rebate Program* is easy when you follow these steps:
- Work with a local Home Energy Rater to ensure your home is designed and built to meet ENERGY STAR® guidelines – homes must receive qualifying score.
- Fill out and submit an online Partnership Agreement – a simple form that explains the proper use of the ENERGY STAR name and mark.
- Fill out and submit the rebate form, providing the Home Energy Rating System final report and certificate along with your ENERGY STAR certificate, to Consumers Energy.
- Complete Consumers Energy participation agreement.
- Receive rebate payment from Consumers Energy.
For complete guidelines, visit ENERGY STAR.
* Funding is limited. Rebates available on a ﬁrst-come, ﬁrst-served basis.